The ink we use in our pens and the ink we use to print on the kraft paper is non-toxic and water-based. This sustainable ink has little to no traces of petroleum in so it’s very easy to separate during the recycling process.
Currently all international deliveries are on hold until further notice. All domestic Australia deliveries are suffering slight delays but should be with you within 3-5 working days. For the latest information on delivery times from Auspost, please click this link.
We’ve partnered with One Tree Planted to help with reforestation efforts for the Australian bushfires. Every month, we take count of how many orders and donate the equivalent in $USD. So if we have 500 orders, that’s 500 trees planted!
FSC means Forest Stewardship Council. This is a governing body that ensures products that are manufactured with trees, are from responsibly sourced locations. Our factory only uses FSC certified trees. For more information on FSC, see their website.
Our pens are packaged entirely plastic-free and in the most eco-friendly way:
- Our envelopes are made from recycled paper
- The tape we use is adhesive kraft paper
- All marketing materials are printed on recycled paper
- The pens are packed in a custom printed linen bag (it’s one of the most sustainable materials)
- For the majority of our orders, we send through Sendle, who are carbon-neutral
- All ink we use is soy-based
Click here to see an example photo of our packaging (via Instagram)
Our pens are very eco-friendly! The Clicker pens are 50% less plastic than traditional pens and the Earth pen is a whopping 85% less plastic. The paper used is from a Forest Stewardship Council certified factory and the majority of our paper used is recycled. The very small percentage of plastic we use in our pens is easily recyclable (unlike many bioplastics). On top of that, we plant an entire tree for every pack sold and offset more carbon than we emit.
For more information, see our why paper pens page.
We’re so confident you’re going to love our prodycts, so we’re offering a 100% satisfaction and money-back guarantee. If for whatever reason you aren’t happy, we can offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Please see the terms section and follow the instructions.
Our aim is for our products to be as eco-friendly as possible with as little plastic as possible. Plastic is hard to avoid, especially for pens. So in our best efforts to do the right thing, we did some research on plastics. We found that ‘biodegradable’ or ‘bioplastics’ (a plant-based PLA plastic) aren’t actually what they claim up to be and cause more damage than you think. See below why we chose to use normal, easily recyclable plastics:
- Traditional plastics are easy to recycle and sort compared to a plant-based one
- Plant-based plastics don’t decompose in a landfill, only in very specific conditions like high temperatures or UV exposure (like the sea)
- Plant-based plastics need UV light to degrade, which breaks down into microplastics, which end up in our oceans, soil and food